By capturing two or more Pokémon of the same species in the row, the mod will start keeping track of the Catch Combo, which is displayed in the chat after each successful capture.
Pokémon caugth outside or in battle will both count for the Catch Combo.
A Catch Combo is broken if one of the following occurs:
- A Pokémon of a different species is defeated/captured.
- A Pokémon of the same species you are chaining is defeated/flees.
- A NPC Trainer is engaged in battle.
- The player logs out of the world.
There are three different tiers to the Catch Combo: Tier 1 (T1), Tier 2 (T2), and Tier 3 (T3). Each tier requires a certain combo to be achieved.
Each tier buffs the chances of shiny Pokémon spawning; Tier 1 being the lowest, and Tier 3 being the highest:
|Tier||Chain length||Shiny Chance
(w/o Shiny Charm)
(with Shiny Charm)
|-||0 - 10||1⁄4096||1⁄3072|
|T1||11 - 20||1⁄1728||1⁄1296|
|T2||21 - 30||1⁄1296||1⁄972|
- "shinyRateWithCharm": Sets the shiny rate odds with a Shiny Charm for Catch Combo below T1.
- "catchComboTier1/2/3": Sets the shiny rate odds without a Shiny Charm, respectively for Catch Combo T1, T2 and T3.
- "catchComboTier1/2/3Charm": Sets the shiny rate odds with a Shiny Charm, respectively for Catch Combo T1, T2 and T3.
- "enableCatchComboShinyLock": Whether or not Catch Combo shiny rates only spawn the combos species with those rates for shiny.
- "enableCatchCombos": Whether or not Catch Combos should influence shiny rate (default= true).