This will guide you through installing the client-side version of Pixelmon Generations on a computer using the Technic Launcher. It is assumed that you already have purchased a Minecraft: Java Edition account and have installed the Technic Launcher.
- A paid copy of the Minecraft: Java Edition. This is the version that is obtained by purchasing Minecraft at www.minecraft.net using a Mojang/Microsoft account. Only the Java Edition can run Pixelmon. Minecraft: Pocket Edition (including Windows 10 Edition) and console editions running Minecraft: Bedrock Edition (Xbox, PlayStation, Wii U, Switch) cannot run Pixelmon.
- Please note that a cracked launcher may not save your Pokémon when you quit Minecraft or may cause other issues. This will not be fixed or supported.
- 2 GB of available RAM on your system. Some systems may require less, some may require more depending on your system's specs.
- A 64-bit version of Java 8. (Windows/OS X download)
- For Windows, please download the
Windows Offline (64-bit).
- For Windows, please download the
This will go over installing the Technic Launcher and adding more memory to your launcher.
- Download the Technic launcher from the Technic website for your operating system.
- Once the download is completed, run the downloaded executable file to install the Technic Launcher.
- When the installation finishes, the Technic Launcher will start automatically. A shortcut can be placed onto the Desktop for further use from the installation file.
- Enter your Minecraft account details to log into your account.
- Once the launcher opens, press
Launcher Optionsin the upper right hand corner.
- Select the
Java Settingstab and use the
Memorydropdown to select at least 2GB of memory. If you are having issues with this, please refer to the Troubleshooting section below.
- On the top center of the launcher, select the
- In the upper left corner, type into the search bar
Pixelmon Generations Officialand select the first result.
- Once you find the Pixelmon modpack, select in the bottom right corner
Install. The download should begin by getting the required libraries and mods to play Pixelmon. This may take a few minutes.
- If the installation fails, please refer to the Troubleshooting section below.
- Once the downloading has finished, the install option will be replaced with a
Playbutton. Press this button to launch the Pixelmon modpack.
Was a new update released? Follow this guide for updating your game files!
- Open the Technic Launcher, click the
Modpackssection on the top center of the launcher.
- Select the Pixelmon Generations modpack on the left side, which should have a small update circle on it.
- Press the
Playbutton and select
Yesto the update question.
- Please note that some files on your game may reset due to the update. Save files should be safe, though backups are always recommended.
- Once the downloading has finished, press the
Playbutton in the lower right corner to open the Pixelmon modpack.
Some updates may require you to reset your Pixelmon configuration files. Please reset them or check the changelogs for information.
- My game is crashing, lagging, or never fully loads! - Try allocating more memory to your launcher, around 2-4GB. A how-to guide on adding more memory is located here.
- I only can select up to 1GB of memory! - Please install a 64-bit version of Java 8. (Windows/OS X download)
- My modpack fails during the download/installation! - First try restarting your PC and internet. If those fail, try disabling any Anti-Virus or Firewall as they may be blocking the installation due to false positives. If the issue still persists, please reinstall the Technic Launcher.
- My game is still having issues and none of the other methods fix it! - Please locate the crash report file, create a ticket on our Discord, and send us the crash report. A how-to guide on crash reports is located here.